Friday, May 16, 2008

Swinging!

Porter LOVES to swing (actually he just loves to be OUTSIDE period)! We found this out when we went to Charlotte to visit Matt, Liz, & the girls! They have a swingset that has a baby swing and Porter loved it!

Porter swinging in Charlotte (Feb. 08)

I had been looking for a park in Starkville that had swings but never could find one!

Well one day as I was driving to the tanning bed (yes, bad I know! but i really need to be tan for The Bahamas!) and I see a PARK with a swing and it had a "baby" swing!! So the next day I loaded Porter up and we headed to George Evans Park to swing! Needless to say Porter loved it and we were going almost every day! Then a couple of weeks later, Ryan took Porter to swing while I was at the tanning bed and found out the baby swing was BROKEN! I was so mad (someone had obviously broken it on purpose) and called the parks service and of course they said they would "look into it" and to this day it is still broken!

Swinging at George Evans Park (Apr. 08)

So last week Ryan went to reserve the Park pavilion for Porter's birthday party and came home with a park brochure that they gave him, and I saw that Moncrief park had some new stuff since the last time I'd been (I used to work there as a lifeguard at the pool) so we decided to check it out and sure enough they had a baby swing too! So now we have a new swing to go to, even if it is across town! Porter loves it!

swinging at Moncrief Park (May 08)

0 comments: