Tuesday, January 18, 2011

5.5 months

I know I say this every month, and I'm sure you're tired of hearing it, BUT I cannot believe sweet Bennett is just a couple of weeks away from being SIX MONTHS OLD!!! 
She is still the sweetest thing BUT she has now decided that it's not so fun to sleep through the night :( 
I know I really can't complain--she started sleeping through the night at about 5 weeks, and by 7-8 weeks was sleeping 10 hours a night--but now she thinks she needs to wake up in the middle of the night :)  She's a little spoiled!  It started a couple of weeks ago, and at first I attributed it to gas (we now eat our veggies in the morning, and just do rice cereal at night), and/or teething.  But now, she's just realized if she wakes up and "talks" that I'll come in and nurse her back to sleep---BAD MOMMY for starting this!  It was just easier to nurse her back to sleep for 5 minutes so I could get back to sleep faster :)  She is NOT hungry, nor does she really cry--it's more of a persistent "whine" :) but it's one of those things that I just can't sleep through, so I usually give in (which I know is only continuing the cycle!) and give her the attention she wants.  Hopefully she'll be back to her good sleeping ways soon!
But she's just so darn cute, it's hard not to give her what she wants...


She is still just so happy almost all of the time!  She LOVES LOVES LOVES Porter, and he LOVES LOVES LOVES her!  It just makes me so happy to see them interacting/playing with each other.  She also is very attached to her Daddy :)  I see a lot of difficulty of Ryan saying "no" to his baby girl in the future!! 

0 comments: