I remember the days when I could take Porter into any store and he was totally oblivious to all of the fun toys, candy, balloons, balls, etc, etc. around....not so much anymore! Porter LOVES balls--I mean really loves balls--doesn't matter what kind they are (baseball, football, basketball, golf ball) or if they aren't even actual balls (pumpkins, peas, nana's chandelier, or basically anything round), if he sees one he immediately points and says "baawl" over and over and over. Well about three weeks ago he started seeing the big bins of balls at wal-mart and various other stores, and of course he was scream & yell until you let him hold one--of course Ryan always bought him one (I do not) just so he wouldn't have to hear him scream!! He also does this with balloons in the checkout lines but I usually ignore him even though I know all the people in line around us are probably thinking I should just buy him the $1 balloon so he'll shut up (I know, I've had 2 people recently tell me I should just give it to him). I don't.
Well today Porter took it to the next (monetary at least) level. As we were walking down the aisle (not even in the toy section--tricky walmart) Porter sees the big bright display of the NEW Elmo Live (he tells jokes, sings, etc.) and of course goes crazy pointing and laughing. So I (being an idiot) picks one up to see what it does and show Porter. He LOVED it! And of course when it was time to put away (the $60) Elmo, Porter goes hysterical. Luckily we were about to go through the Christmas section so once he saw all the ornaments (balls) he was completly distracted. I decided when we got home to go in the garage (when we moved we kept Porter's toys boxed up and we'll bring one out every now and then--it's great, he thinks he's getting something"new" every time!)and get out tickle me Elmo for him to play with. Of course he didn't want it, not now when Elmo live does so much more! Stupid Fisher Price.



2 comments:
I hear mimi has already gotten Elmo..hopes she can wait til Christmas...
Of course I can wait until Christmas....not going to ship it when I can carry it in my luggage for FREE! And I won't be home until Christmas!
Mimi
Gotta love that Porter!
Post a Comment