Wednesday, August 26, 2009

potty training 101

Well, the time has finally come!! I have been so dreading this and was hoping to "hold off" for a little while longer--POTTY TRAINING!


It's not that I wanted Porter in diapers forever, but I really wanted to wait until he was really ready so it would be a quick & easy process and not a months long ordeal!
Well, Porter recently started "school" and is one of the youngest in his class, so needless to say most of the kids are potty trained. When I picked Porter up last week, the teacher mentioned that he had not had a wet diaper ALL day (he goes from 9:30-2:30) and that he might be a little dehydrated...I thought this was odd since he had 2 glasses of milk before school and he had drank all of his water at school??! Before we even got home, poor thing had FILLED his diaper up! I quickly realized that he had been holding it ALL day, probably because he didn't want to get his diaper changed since none of the other kids were!!

So on Monday we took a trip to target for him to pick out some "big boy" underwear and a few toys (luckily for me there were tons of spiderman items in the big $1 bin--and spiderman is porter's new obsession!). So we got some diego underwear that he was so excited about until we got home...he didn't want to wear them, he just wanted to "watch daygo"!

We wore "daygo" all day yesterday and did pretty good! He just kept wanting his diaper back on. So today after school we came home, used the potty, and then put our big boy underwear on. And he did so good!! I did ask him about 10 million times if he needed to go potty, and he let me know both times that he needed to go!!!

So I think our first day was a success!!

Not that I think it's going to be this easy from here on out, but hopefully he'll start getting the hang of it!


I know he'll kill me for these pictures one day!!!!


He HAS to have a book when he's on his potty (and "reads" it to himself outloud)



He usually does NOT want mommy in the bathroom with him and usually says "bye mama, close mama" meaning leave and close the door!
but since I had the camera, I was more than welcome..such a little ham

Now, when it was time for "business" he covered himself with his curtain and hid!


***If you notice he's wearing his NEW ($1) spiderman socks--his "treat" for using the potty this afternoon!

0 comments: