Porter has ALWAYS slept in his own bed...he has never been a great sleeper anywhere else {when we brought him home from the hospital, he lasted one night in the bassinet, then it was the crib!}...so when we got back into town from being at Pop's house all week, I couldn't believe when I put him to bed and he told me he didn't want to sleep in his bed, but the "big bed" {our bed...with ME!}!
He had slept in the bed with me all week at Pop's house, but it was a king size bed so we had plenty of room :) And I wasn't too excited about sharing our smaller bed with him when we got back! So I asked him why he didn't want to sleep in his bed, and his answer was simple: "scary monsters are there"! I have NO IDEA where he got that!!??
After 2 nights of this, I was starting to worry that he was going to be stuck in our bed...BUT after taking his first nap this week in his bed yesterday, he woke up and proudly told me that, "the monsters are GONE, mama!!".
I knew he was back to his normal bed time routine, when after I put him to bed, he came and told me the "flashlight" aka night light {that I had put in there 2 nights earlier to try and get him to stay in his bed} needed to go back to the bathroom and he didn't want it in his room ;)
***********
In Baby news, I'm about 26.5 weeks now and almost into the 3rd trimester! I can't believe it...I noticed the ticker on the side was down to double digit numbers {speaking of double digit numbers, apparently I'm in that part of my pregnancy where I start to gain nearly 2 lbs a week--5lbs in THREE weeks--how does that happen??? I thought I was doing so much better this time, let's hope it slows down soon like it did with Porter!}!! I am also starting to get tired {again}...I confess I took a {much needed} 2 hour nap earlier when I got home from the Dr. {which means I'll be up until at least midnight doing all the cleaning and sewing I was planning for while P was in school, so I guess it kind of defeated the purpose?!} . But all in all I feel great--well besides the heartburn??! I never have had it, and didn't have it with Porter and it's kind of annoying!
BUT I am much more comfortable now that I have some maternity clothes! After having to leave suddenly last week, and try to pack for home and the funeral, I realized I had nothing to wear!! Luckily I found a few things that still fit {ummm unbuttoned AND unzipped!}...but I am much more comfortable now :)
*****
And happy cindo de mayo!! Me and Porter are going out to celebrate with guacamole {my fave} and cheese dip {his fave}...and also celebrating that DADDY will be home tomorrow--for GOOD {well, at least the next 10 or so weeks!}


0 comments:
Post a Comment