Wednesday, September 15, 2010

6 weeks

Bennett is 6 weeks old today!  

She is definitely showing us her personality more & more every day...She loves the bouncy seat now and will spend more than 2 minutes in it at a time!  She also LOVES her crib mobile--I just wish I could turn it on and it NOT go off--she'll be so happy at night in her crib, until it turns off :)

She could have sat like this in her crib and watched her mobile for hours today:
She started smiling REAL BIG smiles 2 days ago--she had been doing smiles for a couple of weeks, but a couple of days ago we got a HUGE gummy smile!  She's always happy and ready to smile after she eats.
I went back and added her one month stats to that post {since I yet to have her a baby book--but I hope one day I find one I like, and I can go back and fill it all in :)} but they were:
10lbs 2oz--80%
22.5 in--75%

Best I could get of a smile--she smiles so big until you get the camera out and then just looks confused--you think she'd be used to a lens in her face by now??!

She has outgrown her newborn clothes {luckily she can still wear the nice nb ones like the daygowns, smocked bishops--but all the onesies, footed pj's, etc. are goners :( } and is filling up the 0-3m ones
These pictures were taken in a 6m outfit!  Even though she's only 10lbs, she seems soooo much bigger!!

Definitely a "Ryan" look:


a split second before she fell over--this was probably mid fall (hence the surprised expression!)

She is also sleeping soooo good at night {knock on wood} and is sleeping through the night (7 hours) a few days a week!!  Whooo hooo!!! She still sleeps a total of about 12 hours--with one long stretch of 6-7 hours, and then 2 short 2hour stretches in the mornings.  We still have some nights where she goes about 4-5 hours and then every 2-3 BUT we're ALL getting much more sleep even then!

Porter still loves his baby sister--I was wondering how he would do when everyone was here last weekend and Bennett getting attention, but he did so good!  He wasn't jealous and was glad to share his baby sister :)

A funny Porter story from today:  There was a show on ESPN today about the Saints and an in-depth look at the onside kick in the superbowl.  During it, they showed clips of the team at the white house and there was a semi-closeup shot of Ryan behind the President...I paused it and rewinded to show Porter and he FREAKED OUT!  He was so excited and we had to watch it at least 10 times!  He was waving and yelling at Daddy, and it took him a few times to figure out that Daddy couldn't wave back! ha!

0 comments: