Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sedona

The City of Sedona


While we were visiting my parents in Phoenix, my mom, Ryan and I drove to Sedona, AZ to spend the day. It was so beautiful, but sooo HOT--just like everywhere else in Arizona in the summer! We (window!) shopped at The Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village (pronounced Ta-lackey-packey) and took a jeep ride around Sedona and got to get a close view of all the rock formations...we had a blast!


Ryan and I at Tlaquepaque



The jeep tour

One funny story from our day: While at Tlaquepaque, we decided to go eat at one of the restaurants there (Oak Creek Pub & Brewery), and the special was a Buffalo burger with onions and Bleu cheese crumbles--well that sounded good to me so me and Ryan got the special, which I was thinking was a "buffalo" seasoned (ham)burger since it had bleu cheese on it--NO! it was a Burger of Buffalo meat!! UGH!! Needless to say I went hungry! Ryan ate all of his though! Apparently buffalo meat is common around that area!!



This is the ONLY McDonalds with non "golden" arches--the City of Sedona has a code that all buildings must be the color of the rocks! Apparently McDonalds spent over $1 Million dollars fighting it before settling on TEAL Arches!

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Keely, where did you find this cute background where you could do this header? So cute!