I got a new camera last Christmas, and while I haven't been exactly shooting on "auto" mode, I also have been a little scared to do it on full manual also! So I've been trying to "practice" with it and a couple of lenses that I have for it (after reading my manual front to back and reading countless tutorials and tips on the internet--I really want to take a class here at our local photo store, but not sure that's going to happen before Bennett makes her arrival!), so here are some pics I took today while doing all my practice! Since Porter wasn't being so cooperative I took some pics of the nursery! It's not done yet, but it's getting there! Lots of little things left to do, and nothing's on the walls yet (besides the cross, and that's not really where it goes!) but I'm happy to be this far along with it with only 5 weeks left (I really thought I would just now be starting on it so I feel like I'm ahead of the game!!)
Bennett's room (about 70% done!)
Our bedrooms are {really really} small (at least the two guest ones) and this one is long and narrow with just one window...I really wanted to keep the twin bed in there (we had a bed in Porter's nursery and I really liked having it in there) especially since Ryan will be on the road a lot before Bennett is probably sleeping through the night, therefore I'm thinking I'll be spending quite a few nights in there while he's gone :)
So there's not a whole lot of room with 4 pieces of furniture--still not 100% on the layout yet, but this is how it is for now!
The only thing I bought for the twin bed is the headboard--it came from walmart.com and is an inflatable headboard! I had never heard of such a thing...but I really like it! The bedding on the twin bed I already had (it's some old bedding of mine) and I just altered it and made a duvet, etc. to fit on a twin instead of a queen
The dresser (which will be used as the changing table) was also mine and is an antique...I am going to change the drawer pulls, and I haven't decided if I'm going to add the mirror back or not...I didn't use it with Porter because it's kind of girly (it's round) but I think I might add it back!
Her bed & bedding! I painted the crib (that I got at a consignment store) and had the bedding made...the cream is not a minky (like it sort of looks in the pic), but a quilted cotton and the trim is a light pink--it turned out a little darker pink that I wanted after it was lined, and doubled over on the ruffle, ant ties, but I still love it!
I bought 3 custom bird prints off etsy at Lucky Bluebird Art! I LOVE them, and they match the bedding perfectly. I still have to get them framed, and they will more than likely hang over the crib.
I also have a painted canvas' & door hanger ordered from Emily Horn Designs that will also have a place eventually!
not so sure about the bed in the corner, but that may be where it has to stay!
This bed is LOW, and I plan on raising it another 6 inches or so...it was Porter's first bed after his crib, so we had it low--the box spring is really thin for this reason. BUT it's very comfy--and since I'm going to be sleeping there that's all that matters to me ;)
Porter likes the bed too--though he thinks that sissy is going to sleep in it :)
I find the pillows on the floor daily, and know that Porter has been in there!
Speaking of Porter, he got a new bed also! I was shocked at how well he adjusted not only to a new bigger bed, but also a whole new room! The two rooms are about the same size, but his old room was shaped better for the nursery furniture!
One good thing about his bigger bed, is that he has more room for all of his toys! And he sleeps with all of them every night and every nap!
sweet Porter
I was able to snap a few not running/blurry pictures of him when he was still for about 5 seconds outside late this afternoon
"cheese" {with just a little hostility thrown in}














0 comments:
Post a Comment