during Porter's winter break, we (meaning ME along with TWO kids) took a little (ok, LONG) trip out to Oregon to see Mimi and Pop (along with Uncle Logan, Aunt Lindsey, and Brycen!).
On the way out there, we missed our connection in Portland by MINUTES (I could still see the plane attached to the gate) so we got stuck, and it took us nearly 20 hours to finally get there! The kids were great though--but I'll admit I had a mini meltdown when we finally arrived in Medford only to find out they BROKE Bennett's car seat and had lost ALL of our luggage--UGH!
But at least we were FINALLY there!! Now, I am not the person to talk to if you want to visit Oregon (don't think the Oregon visitors bureau will be offering many any jobs)...it was COLD (mind you, we had 2 weeks of sunny 70-80 degree weather right before our trip), rainy/snowy EVERY day, and everything is muddy (from all the snow melting!). But we had fun visiting with all of our family :)
I was thinking the trip back was going to be a piece of cake since we were going to be home by 8pm--boy was I WRONG! We got stuck again in Portland for nearly 8 hours, and missed our connection in Dallas (which was the last plane to NOLA), and had to stay the night in Dallas--by the time we got to our hotel it was 2am, and we had to be up at 5am to catch a shuttle to the airport. Still the kids were GREAT! They were so happy to be home though, and I think they both slept for about 2 days straight :)
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
2 months ago








0 comments:
Post a Comment