Tuesday, March 20, 2012

and then there was one....

front tooth that is!!

I won't go into all the yucky details, but Bennett fell Friday afternoon off of a chair and hit the window sill and LOST her front tooth!  She knocked the entire thing out!  But once the shock/pain wore off, she was perfectly fine!  As soon as we walked out of the dentist Friday afternoon, she was back to her happy normal self!
The dentist also said she thought she fractured the bone in the top of her mouth (but it will heal on its own too) but they really couldn't get a good x-ray so we can't be sure!  She also said Bennett may lose the other front tooth but so far, we're hanging on to it! 

Once her molars come in all the way, we will get a spacer (??) and some type of permanent retainer (??)--I'm not really sure!  But I do know we will get a fake tooth eventually :)  So she won't have a pirate smile forever!

We think it gives her a little character ;)



0 comments: