I had my 23 week appointment today and everything is looking good with baby girl hollern!
Though my Dr. would rather talk about the upcoming NFL draft, and what's going to happen with Jammall Brown (will he get traded or not???!). He even told me I could text him if I found out anything :) I hated to tell him I had no clue who he was even talking about! I called Ryan (who is out of town) after my appointment, and told him he might not be coming to any more appointments with me unless he wants to get the 3rd degree from my Doctor! I will say though I LOVE my doctor, and the fact that he's a HUGE Saints fan just makes him even better :)
I also had not gained nearly as much weight as I though, but I told the nurse she better do my blood pressure first, because it might go through the roof if I had gained 10 pounds or more since my last visit (which was ONLY 3 weeks ago!)
I still think their scales might be a little off (in a good way!) though.
After my appointment I had to deliver an order for some shirts to a BAKERY of all places!! I, of course, rewarded myself with 4 petifor's since I didn't gain 10 pounds (then also rewarded myself to ANOTHER roast beef po boy for lunch--I already had one last night)! I already want to go back tomorrow for some more...I had them all eaten before I even made it home!
I also picked up the bedding to be monogrammed!
I am having it made by a local fabric store, and they don't offer monogramming, but let me pick up a piece so I could do it myself before it's put together...and let me just say I have NEVER been more nervous monogramming anything in my LIFE! Not that I was afraid I would mess up, but they had JUST ENOUGH fabric that I wanted for the bumper and NO EXTRA, so IF I messed up, we were just out of luck!
That was the longest hour ever. And yes, it took ONE HOUR to monogram! It actually only took 30min (I about died when I transferred the monogram, and it popped up that it was a 30 min stitch out!)...but I did a test run first!
But I LOVE the way it turned out! At first, I immediately thought I should have done it "bigger" but I went by their recommendation and when I measured it against how big the bumper will actually be, it's the perfect size! I'm glad they told me!
This will be the back center of her bumper. All four sides (inside and out) will be out of this quilted cream fabric, with the bed skirt, ties, and ruffle on bumper (or cording, I can't decide?!) out of the light pink silk. It looks a lot darker in the picture, and it's actually more of a light light pink! I'm hoping there's enough remnants left for me to make a small monogrammed pillow and blanket.
We got a different crib that we used with Porter, and it's very simple and I am probably going to paint it light green...It's the lightest shade of pink right now (looks almost white), but I got it at a consignment store, and it needs a new paint job, so I am going to try green first! We'll see how it goes--now knowing me, it may NEVER get painted ;)
OH, and someone (who has a GREAT memory by the way ;)) has already guessed the name! :) I though we were safe and that no one would even have a clue! ha!
In Porter news, he is finally back to taking naps!! whooo hooo!! He hasn't taken one for a while, and he was just getting B.A.D....there is just no other word to describe it! So this week, I've made him get up early (by 7:45 at least), eat his snacks, and take a NAP! And go to bed about an hour earlier. It has made a WORLD of difference in him! I was about ready to pull my hair out last week or lock myself in the closet...and besides a rough patch today when I picked him up from school {at which he didn't nap--they had it in BIG letters on his "report" home that he was NOT sleepy :( } things have been great!
When he finally got in a better mood, I was asking him what he did at school. He was so cute and went into a 10minute reenactment of the story of Zacchaeus climbing up the tree to see Jesus! It was so cute!! I already knew they were doing that story this week, but it was cute seeing Porter act it out SO dramatically! I'm going to try and get it on video and post it :)




0 comments:
Post a Comment