What's been going on in the Hollern household?
Ever since Porter became potty trained, he started to wake up in the middle of the night. I just assumed it was because he had to go to the bathroom, but no, every time I would ask him he didn't have to go! Now if you don't know Porter, he is an EXCELLENT sleeper and will ONLY sleep in his bed! Which is great (until we need his bed for guests ;))! A few weeks ago, Porter would wake up in the middle of the night and come into our room, tell us "hi", then ask to watch a show!! As soon as I would tell him that it was bedtime, he would gladly go get back in his bed and go back to sleep!
About a week ago, I woke up to Porter staring at me about 12:30--after I recovered from being scared half to death--he just told me he wanted to cuddle :) Then after about 30 seconds in our bed, he asked to go get back in the "little bed" (his bed). About 3 hours later, here he comes again--I put him back in his bed, with strict orders that as long as it was dark outside, he could NOT come back in Mommy & Daddy's room...
Apparently he took my words to heart, because when I got up around 7:30, this is what I found in the living room:
He slept like this for a good 30 minutes, before I finally woke him up :)
******
In other news, there is only about one good thing that comes from your husband spending almost half the nights out of the year in a hotel: HOTEL POINTS!
Another good thing: when he's gone for 2.5 weeks at a time, and you're at home about to pull your hair out with a whiney AND destructive almost 3 year old BY YOURSELF WITH NO HELP, he feels for you AND gladly will take you on a weekend trip without said 3 year old with those points :)
So in just a little under a month, I will be here...
i.can't.wait
**and THANKS nana for keeping Porter :)
In baby news, I am a little over 23 weeks already! It's hard to believe she'll be here in less than 4 months!
time is flying!
I also finally monogrammed something for her, so no going back on the name!!
I am picking up the fabric for her bumper and monogramming it tomorrow, so I thought I might as well do something else! We picked out the name about a month or so ago, and I've gotten used to it and LOVE it, so I know we won't be having any change of heart's!
This will probably be her "going home" outfit...Porter went home in this same outfit (only in blue of course and with his monogram)!
Up close of the monogram (any guesses on her NAME??!)
I feel confident that no one will guess her name :)
I also go back tomorrow to the Dr., and I feel sure I've gained at least 10 pounds in the last 3 weeks! Maybe I'm just telling myself that so if I'm a tad under the 10 lb mark, I'll feel a little better!







0 comments:
Post a Comment