I cannot believe Porter is quickly approaching THREE!! Seriously, where has the time gone??!
Porter: 2 years 8.5 months:
- he's really into trains right now--and makes everything into a "choo-choo train"
including his food (see his "train" he made out of his morning snack):
- he is also getting a great imagination, and talks to all of his toys, animals, cars, etc.
here he is playing with his sesame street friends:
(I think he was letting them ride the "train" or feeding them one)
- porter now talks all of the time in full sentences
- tells me he loves me "very much, mama" especially when he thinks he's in trouble :)
- i.e. he's becoming quite the con man
- is very honest
- still not potty trained :( we are STILL going to do the 3-day method--if we're even home for 3 days straight--I'm blaming the superbowl for the reason we havent' done it yet :) My goal is by St. Patty's day!!
- loves school, and is learning so much!
- knows his numbers, colors, shapes, letters, and tries to sing his abc's
- is a good eater and isn't really too picky--loves bananas & strawberry's
- by far his favorite toys are his $1 plastic animals from walmart--I can't wait for it to warm up to take him to the zoo!
- loves football--and the saints ;) he says "go saints" whenever he sees a fleur de lis
- plays very well by himself in his room
- sleeps good
- doesn't really nap anymore though :(
- about 32 lbs
- is about 38in tall (by my rough estimate)
- loves to cuddle :)
- loves to cuddle when it means stalling bed time
- still will ONLY sleep in HIS bed!
- we STILL have green blanket--I'm begining to think we'll be starting kindergarten with it
- loves to play outside--let's hope it warms up SOON
- Says funny stuff all the time to get what he wants--sometimes it works on mommy :)
- loves to get your "spot" if you get out of your chair/couch--then giggles, screaming "i got your spot, mama, daddy,etc."
- loves his daddy, and thinks that he's at the gym when he's at work ;)
- keeps talking about going back to the "football games"--he doesn't realize it'll be awhile longer
- has already started blaming stuff he does on his "baby brother"--again, he only thinks it's a boy and it's his little brother. Tells me he didn't do it, the baby brother did it!
- thinks if funny when he burps, then politely says, "excuse me, i burp, my tummy hurt"
- now whenever he's hungry, he gets very dramatic saying his "tummy hurt mama" and he"needs (fill in the blank of non-healthy food) RIGHT NOW"
Baby #2 update:
I'm almost 15 weeks and we're due Aug 7 (right in the middle of training camp!!)
Luckily training camp is back in Metairie this year, so Ryan will be close at least!
porter isn't real good with the camera, so this is my best self portrait:
(taken this morning at 14w5d--I'll probably be twice this big by the day is over)
still now really showing yet, but I feel bigger than I was with Porter at this point and I pretty much can only wear one pair of jeans buttoned ;) I mainly look like I just ate a really big meal!
I gained 5 lbs in TWO weeks over Christmas (I blamed the clothes I was wearing!! ha!), and since then lost 5 so technically no weight gain so far (not that I'm bragging--I didn't gain any weight with Porter until about 24 weeks, then proceeded to gain 35 lbs in the last 15 weeks!)
We just had our 14 week appt and heard the hb (160) which was about what Porter was at this time
I think it's a boy, Ryan says girl :)
we don't care either way, just healthy!
we have a girl name picked out just in case, but can't agree on a boy name (which is another reason I just KNOW it's going to be a boy!!) We didn't agree on Porter's name until about 33 or so weeks pregnant!
BUT we will NOT be sharing the name until he/she is born! I learned last time that my family is brutally honest and will tell if that they hate a name ;) So they don't get any input this time!!
I think it's a lot easier, and people aren't nearly as "honest" about a name after the baby has been born! Besides, I can monogram stuff myself :)
Though, I hate it when people keep the name a secret--it just kills me and I'm always dying to know!! ha!
My Dr. sees patients every 3 weeks, so we'll be back soon, and will hopefully find out the sex on March 5!
We have already had 3 ultrasounds so far, which is one more than I had the entire time I was pregnant with Porter! I love my new Dr.'s office!! It's fun to see the baby at almost every visit :)
I was a lot more sick this time than with Porter (which I wasn't really sick at all)
Thankfully all sickness is pretty much gone with the first trimester
Honestly looking back, I guess it wasn't THAT bad, but it was 10x worse than the first go around
All in all, it's been a healthy, unevenful pregnancy (Thank God!!)! Less than 6 months to go! Hopefully they'll fly by the way these first 3 1/2 have!!!


1 comments:
Yay Baby Hollern!!! I'm so excited for yall! I know Porter will be a great big brother! And agreed on keeping the name secret! We did that too! Can't wait to see you growing!! ;)
Post a Comment