Wednesday, August 25, 2010

chunky monkey

I have a new nickname for Bennett (don't tell Porter though, he ONLY wants her to be called by her name!): Chunky Monkey!!  She is 3 weeks today and growing like a weed--I think it probably has to do with the fact that she likes to eat every 2 hours!  She had her first bottle this week, and I had put 3 ounces in it, thinking she'd probably only take about 2--boy was I wrong--she was still hungry and easily took another 2 ounces!!
I weighed her (by weighing myself, then myself with her--so it's not totally accurate) and she weighs about 10-11 pounds!  Or about the size Porter was when he was 2 months old!  She's already outgrowing clothes (so sad!!) and doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon!

This was "pre dinner" tonight:

Porter still LOVES Bennett so much, and is so sweet with her!  He asks every night to give her a bath--I think it's his favorite time of day since he gets to help :)
She loves bath time too--quite the opposite of Porter (but I'm finding that she's pretty much opposite of Porter in every way!)

We're still doing good, and I'm hanging in there!!  Going from 1 to 2 wasn't that bad, but I will say that the timing of Ryan going back to work (which if you didn't know means he's GONE and on the road A LOT until November!) has been a little hard!  Tuesdays and Thursdays (when they're both home) are KILLER!  I've also been battling some type of infection/virus for the past week or so and running fever so that doesn't help, but Daddy comes home tomorrow and we're ALL excited!! 
Bennett is a good baby, but not nearly as good/easy as Porter was!  But that's not really saying anything because he was an exceptionally good baby (I actually was worried that something was wrong with him because he didn't cry and asked his Dr. about it when he was 2 months old!)  But overall she's pretty good, and is on a good schedule as far as sleeping (I thought for awhile she was starting to get her days/nights mixed up--eeek!) and is getting more and more alert during the day every day.

She is also getting to where she doesn't mind NOT being held all of the time, and is staring to like the swing/bouncy seat more and more--which makes my day a lot easier :)
And Porter has been soooo good (besides making a few messes) and patient that she requires so much attention...I think he actually likes it since he gets away with much more than normal ;)

As tired as I am, and as dirty as my house it, I definitely wouldn't change a thing!

1 comments:

emilia morgan said...

I believe I heard Porter refer to her as "meatball" the other day so I think you would be ok to call her that!