AND this picture best sums up Bennett's first week of life:
Poor Bennett was a little jaundiced, and had to wear a wallabee (sp?) blanket for the first week and Porter wanted to "pet" her constantly!!
First thing he does when he wakes up is go looking for Bennett (bed head and all):
We have been to the hospital (for daily blood draws for her bili test) or the Doctor's office (for well checkups/weight checks) DAILY since she came home from the hospital (needless to say our pediatrician is a *little* cautious)! Today was our weight check at one week, and little Bennett had gained 5 ounces in two days, and her bili is going down so needless to say we're good to go and don't have to go back anymore until her 1month check up! Thank goodness...her poor little heels look AWFUL from all the sticks :( It was not fun for her or mommy!
She is almost back up to her birth weight at one week old. She was 7lbs 15oz at birth, and was 7lbs 6 oz when we left the hospital and today she was 7lbs 13oz!
So to celebrate her first week, AND since we don't have to wear the blanket anymore we had to come home for a photo shoot :) I had her professional newborn pictures done yesterday afternoon by Mandie Newsom and I can't wait to see those in a few weeks :)
so serious--so glad we got the newborn pics done yesterday, because she slept the ENTIRE time for her pics (like we wanted) and today she's been wide eyed!
she loves her hands :)
We've recieved a few packages/presents for Bennett and Porter keeps getting "big brother" gifts too :)
Today we got a HUGE package of things for little Bennett from Aunt Liz, Uncle Matt, Kensi & Erin! Porter was sooo excited when we opened it and he saw all of Bennett's "toys" as he called them! But when we got to the bottom of the box and he saw the wrapped presents for him, he went crazy!
After he opened them all, he told me, "mama, I LOVE all of Bennett's big brother toys"
so sweet!
He's still a great big brother, and loves Bennett so much. He is so patient when I am feeding her and I can't just get up and run do something for him, and he'll gladly wait until I'm done! He did ask me today if I could "put her in her cage" (bassinet) when I was holding her so I could turn on his new batman movie :)
I will say going from one to two had not been bad at all! We have survived almost 24 hours completetly ALONE, and I: got a shower, went to Dr. visit with BOTH Porter & Bennett, Target for some necessities (thinking the weather might be bad tomorrow--we couldn't run out of coke or OJ!), lunch with Porter (and bennett of course), 2 loads of laundry washed (but being honest they're NOT folded :)), and now here I am blogging :)
Bennett is (so far) a good sleeper, and goes anywhere from 3-4 hours at night between feedings, but she does go back down very easily which is nice! Porter was such a GOOD baby, and I was so worried that we wouldn't be so lucky the second go around but so far she's just as good! {knock on wood!}
I'm also working on her "birth day" post--another thing I was worried about since Porter's labor and deliver was so easy! (I've had most of it typed since she was a day old so I wouldn't forget!)
All in all things are GREAT and we're just ready for Daddy to get home from New England {and hear all about his big TRIP to the WHITE HOUSE!!}
AND just one more pic for fun in her cute hat and ruffle butts:)











0 comments:
Post a Comment