Well, we've (Porter and I) survived the first 3 1/2 days, only 14 more! Ryan just left for his first "road trip" of this spring (besides the combine), and it's been a tough 3 days playing single parent!! I definitely get used to having all the extra help around when he's off the road :)
The "rough" part could be attributed to the fact that we are finally doing our 3-day potty training method! FINALLY!!
I bought it way to long ago, but it seems that I never had the 3 days to do it, since you basically have to be with your child all day for 3 straight days and not let them leave your sight!! So, I basically improvised--I'm still sending him to school, and I don't watch him constantly but we're using all the other training methods--which means it might take us longer than 3 days but that's ok! We started Tuesday (yesterday) and he only had one accident all day, and by the end of the day he was asking me to go! Today, he went by himself without asking me and told me after!! He used diapers at school, but I talked to his teachers when I picked him up and they're going to let him use the potty from now on!! After school, we've been diaper free all day with no accidents!!
WHOOO HOOO!!
My goal is to have a mostly potty trained child when Ryan gets home in two weeks, and then send him to school in NO diapers/pullups after his Easter break!


0 comments:
Post a Comment