Wednesday, March 31, 2010

funny

Porter is starting to say the funniest things evrey day!  He always makes me laugh! Which is why it is so hard to stay mad at him :)
He is also a climber and  a helper!  He loves to climb on the counter and "help" me do whatever I am doing!
He also doesn't like to wear clothes....
 
OR have his picture taken (he's telling me in this picture, "just ONE more MOM"
Oh yeah, and he now calls me "mom" instead of mommy or mama??!!


Some of the funny things he's said to me in the last week:

Last week, Ryan was going to be in the area so he was going to be coming home for the night before he had to leave again.  I had told Porter that his daddy was on his way home, and our front blinds were open.  Porter was playing and saw a car drive by...he ran to the window and then looked at me and asked:
"mom, is ryan home??!"
me: "who??!!!"
porter (sounding out every sylable very loudly like I couldn't hear him): "RYYYY-AANNNN"
I asked, "who is that?!"
porter (very matter of factly): "daddy"
So, I guess Porter knows our names :)  We had a talk and Porter now knows to call us daddy & mommy (or mom :))

This past weekend we went to Pop's house (porter LOVES going to Pop's house), so I had told him Friday when I pick you up from school we are going to Pop's house!  He remembered and was so excited when he got in the car.  He was tired, so for the first 45 minutes, he was so quiet in the back seat and I had not heard him at all...about 45 min into the trip we were driving and all of  a sudden Porter spoke up in the back seat and asked, "mom, is Pop's house lost?"  
After I assured him that Pop's house was not indeed lost, he seemed ok, and simply stated, "ok, it's just far away" :)

Also while we were driving to Columbia, we had to make a quick stop at wal-mart to pick up a few things.  Porter took this opportunity to ask beg for a toy...he kept telling me he "NEEDED a new toy from wal-mart" and I kept telling him that "no, you do not NEED a new toy" to which he finally replied:
"MOM, this is SERIOUS, like ming-ming" 
{in case you don't watch "wonder pets"--and I can't imagine why you wouldn't--ming-ming is the baby chick who constantly says, "this...is....sewious"}
and no, he still didn't get a toy, BUT I did let him ride the garfield car on the way out so he was satisfied!  
I guess it wasn't so serious after all :)

2 comments:

Rachel T. said...

I just enjoy so much keeping up with your family, especially since I don't ever see you anymore. Sounds like things are great!

emilia morgan said...

Get that child to a spray tan booth! And, while you're at it take me to one as well!