Saturday, March 20, 2010

Family & Kids expo

Today there was a family & kids fun day/expo here in Mandeville.  We took Porter and he had a BLAST!!  It's basically a place for vendors to set up booths to give out info for their stores, pre-schools/schools, summer camps, and music programs...basically anything to do with kids & family!  Along with all the vendors, they have TONS of fun stuff for the kids!  A lot of the professional team mascots were there, along with elmo and dora and several disney princesses!  Porter had so much fun, but I will say, I almost wanted to go back without him so I could stop by the vendors :)  We didn't get much info since Porter wanted to do everything RIGHT THEN
As soon as we got there, he went down the big inflatable slide, and as I'm taking pictures I realized that I had left my camera card at home!!! So no pics :(  I did get a few with my phone though (hence the bad quality!)

the first "person" we saw: gumbo, the saints mascot (who Porter adores, and constantly follows during the games) 
Porter ran up to him with arms wide open and gave him the biggest hug--it was so sweet! 
petting zoo--we looked and didn't touch

shooting some hoops at the Hornets booth
elmo!
The Zephyr's (N.O. baseball team) mascot (beaver?--I have no clue, but again Porter LOVED him :))

the alligator--he wasn't so sure about getting too close at first (smart boy)

he did get brave and decide to pet the gator!

AND the HIGHLIGHT of the day....
THE PONY RIDE!!! 
This was by far Porter's favorite thing:

0 comments: